Mrs Laura Taylor
I wanted to introduce myself as Keelham’s new Chair of Governors and explain what we as a Governing body do.
I have recently taken on the role of chair and I’m looking forward to supporting the staff team and Keelham family for many years to come. Our focus as a Governing body is to strategically steer the school in the right direction and influence continued success.
I have worked with the Governing body for nearly 7 years. I have one child at the school who will be moving into Year 4 in September and another child who left Keelham last year. This has given me an in-depth knowledge of the school and allowed me to see the amazing way staff and families make it so successful – both from a parent and a governor point of view.
The Governing body exists to serve four main purposes. For simplicity, these are to:
• support the headteacher and all staff and to alleviate as much pressure from their very busy work lives as possible.
• ensure the school has a clear vision, direction, and ethos
• hold the headteacher to account for the educational success of the pupils and the school itself
• to oversee the financial performance of the school in these very challenging times, ensuring that the money the school receives is spent wisely.
Maybe becoming a Governor is of interest to you? As a governor, we ask:
• that you are prepared to contribute to discussions and offer challenge and support to the headteacher.
• have an interest in education and the welfare of children
• be willing to learn and attend relevant training
• be willing to fulfil their role with energy and enthusiasm and be able to commit to attend governors’ meetings regularly.
Please feel free to chat to myself or Mr Hunter when you see us at drop off and pick up times at school!
Chair of Governors.